Photographs from the 2016 Nick Beer 10km can be found at theses sites:
Shine is the leading charity supporting people affected by spina bifida and hydrocephalus providing a range of services from parents whose baby has just been diagnosed to adults who live alone and are struggling to cope. To run for Shine, click on the link below and claim your FREE running vest or t-shirt and fundraising pack.
1. Sharon Johnstone - Wilmslow RC - 40:10
2. Siobhan Evans - Unattached - 40:36
3. Andrea Rowlands - Eryri Harriers - 41.09
1. Simon Cole - GOG Triathlon - 34:15
2. Steffan Sayer - Menai Track & Field - 34:34
3. Nick Jones - Warrington AC - 34:41
Nick Beer was a popular and active member of the club, and loved road running. He suffered from hydrocephalus, and sadly passed away in 1991 shortly after the Lake Vyrnwy Half Marathon. The Nick Beer 10k Race was started by the club in 1993 in memory of Nick, and is run in February every year. It starts on the promenade in Llandudno and follows Marine Drive around the scenic Great Orme , before returning to the promenade and finishing opposite Venue Cymru. The race attracts around 700 entries each year.